ANDREW J. WILHELMS has practiced law since 1996. His practice is principally limited to litigation, with an emphasis on workers compensation, commercial, labor/employment, serious personal injury/wrongful death, and general civil matters. Mr. Wilhelms has handled cases in numerous states, including Arkansas, Indiana, Georgia, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. Mr. Wilhelms has spoken at conferences and seminars for employers, third party administrators, attorneys, and judges on a variety topics, including workers’ compensation, workplace safety, insurance coverage, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, FLSA, social media, and intentional tort issues.
Mr. Wilhelms was honored by the 125th Ohio General Assembly for Distinguished Service on behalf of the citizens of the State of Ohio. Mr. Wilhelms is an Ohio Super Lawyer as selected by Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers recognizes the top lawyers in Ohio via a patented multiphase selection process involving peer nomination, independent research and peer evaluation.
Mr. Wilhelms attended Miami University where he received the Miami University Scholar Athlete Citation. Mr. Wilhelms was a member of the Miami University baseball team, wherein he was voted to the Mid-American Conference all league team, as a pitcher.
Mr. Wilhelms is married with four children. Outside his law practice, Mr. Wilhelms enjoys time with his family.
- Ohio, 1996
- Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2002
- Ohio Self-Insurers Association
- Northwest Ohio Self-Insurers Association
- Michigan Self-Insurers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan